Tuesday, December 8, 2009

over the fields we go

Dashing through the snow
On a one-horse open sleigh,
Over the fields we go,
Laughing all the way;
Bells on bob-tail ring,
Making spirits bright,
What fun it is to ride and sing
A sleighing song tonight.
-James Pierpont

 
If you don't live in Calgary, perhaps you aren't in the middle of a deep freeze with a mountain of snow.  It all started last Friday, the day I was to pick up my Mum from the airport.  It took us 3 hours to do a half hour car trip.  Great times.  White outs along the road, black ice, people in the ditch.  But it was warm-ish.  Now it's super cold and the snow is not going anywhere anytime soon.
 
So here I am in the studio putting together a couple Christmas card orders and trying to fill in my Christmas cards at the same time, when all I really want to do is crawl under the covers and sleep until spring.  I hear there are people who like winter, actually love it.  I am not one of those people.  Maybe if I'm head to toe wrapped in polar fleece and look like the little brother in A Christmas Story, then the cold is at least bearable.  I guess I should be thankful that we at least are sunny through these long months, instead of cloudy like Vancouver.  Oh, enough griping!  On with the card assembly already!  The clients await.

No comments:

Post a Comment