Monday, June 11, 2012

she raced ahead

This past February, when I was at Art Central for 2 weeks with our little group of 3 called "Quite the Spectacle", I used some of the time when customers weren't in the studio to do some painting.  One day when Diane Kinahan was painting there as well (in silence with me since I had laryngitis) I did about 10 wee paintings, all with little words or quotes on them. 

Because sometimes sentences float into my head and I have to put them down somewhere.  That's where the sentence on this painting came from, and I resonate with it so much that I am keeping the original.  It's not big.  Only 4" x 6".  And some may call it "craft" because it's so small and has cut up words on it.  But I don't care.  I love it.  I love the transparent yellow.  I love the white that doesn't quite obliterate every other colour underneath, I love the neon green peaking through. 

And I love the sentiment.  Because I do that.  I race ahead in an effort not to be left behind, and then I see what I've missed from racing ahead.  Silly, I know.  But I still do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment