Friday, February 13, 2009

Art Deco

"The Studio - an illustrated magazine of fine and applied arts. Should be read by architects, artists, designers, students and all lovers of art." price - six pence monthly
I found this book at Mona Lisa's art supply store (Treasury of Art Nouveau Design & Ornament selected by Carol Belanger Grafton) and I simply love it! I didn't notice before, but I am drawn to everything Art Deco. Most of the book is samples of bookplates, but there is one prodominant word throughout - Studio. From what I can tell, there was a magazine called The Studio from 1894-1920 for artists (and it cost a six pence). Too neat. This image with the owls is from that magazine.

I'm not sure yet how I'm going to use this lovely book, but I'm glad I found it!

No comments:

Post a Comment