Tuesday, March 3, 2009

come...

"Come, small life, spark of light, take the wings of Earth." Amerindian saying


I painted the above and added the quote for a gift for a lady who just told me she's expecting. It's done on a piece of wood, and I started with a large amount of gesso, and then layered pastel after pastel, with opalessence spray (Glimmer Mist) and finished off with a thick layer of Mod Podge. I especially like using the circle theme in my paintings when we're talking about a life, new or old.
As I also love doing digital-wonderfulness to my paintings after I scan them at 600dpi, I changed the hue and the saturation of this piece and applied a filter (Digital Image Pro 10 - I'm trying to use PhotoShop more but my first love is DIP10).


Too cool! I think a quote that may fit this altered piece is more like...
"like a water falling slow motion, like a map with no ocean, there's a limit to your love" - Fiest
Sorry it's been so long between posts. I was away for a while taking care of my sister's kids (along with my Mum) and goodness knows - kids leave very little time for anything other than cleaning up after them and sleeping once they're in bed. Or maybe that's just because I'm the Auntie and I'm not used to the hubbub...

No comments:

Post a Comment