Friday, May 8, 2009

Family

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts."


I did this little canvas up for my Mum for Mother's Day (shhh, don't tell her yet - we're heading up to RD tomorrow, so she'll get it on Sunday). It was a lot of fun to make too! I have the Silhouette die cutting machine, and this text block is one of the designs. I didn't realize it until I had cut it out, but after cutting it out on the machine, I would have to reposition everything back into the square block. hmmmm.... I had a few spacing issues, but I think it looks pretty good. I sealed it all with Mod Podge, and then a satin sealant. It made it all crackley, which was quite neat, so I did it again, and swept some excess butterscotch die over it as well, just to seep into the cracks. I found ribbon in my 'I will never use this' pile (what do I know, eh?) and it matched perfectly! I glued it to the sides and left a generous amount to tie a lovely bow at the top. Presto! Graphic Art for the Office. Hope she likes it. I posted the photos on my etsy site too, and maybe someone else will want to have one for their office (or home).

1 comment: